Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chasing Squirrels at the Park

Chasing squirrels=great fun!

Today at the park with the Little River Badgers.  The weather was lovely and cool, and it is that time of year when the squirrels are out in force, looking for nuts, or whatever they look for in a suburban park. Big Brother Badger had the idea to run after the squirrels, and they were so fat that the chase was actually pretty close.  I thought it was fantastic: exercise, fresh air, happy kids!  And only one thought of the squirrels being rabid crossed my mind.  We played some games where I was the T.rex chasing a River Badger.  But of course, everyone knows that River Badgers literally eat T. rex for breakfast, so, of course, it didn't end well for me.

Park time ended with at least 45 seconds of quiet reflection by the lake (with three small kids!  Come on...round of applause anyone?), and then a mad dash for home and dinner.

Tonight the Boy Badgers are reading together quietly in their room, Baby Badger is sleeping in the cutest heart pattern sleep suit in the history of the world, Daddy River Badger has offered to fetch me some chocolate, and I've got a wonderful day to think about.  The only thing to make it better would be a commercial-free showing of Alien vs. Predator.  Yes, I'm serious.  Or Under Siege.  You know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment