Saturday, October 20, 2012

Baaaad Mommy....

This one's going to make me cringe while writing...

Things you should know before getting to the story: today was Big Brother Badger's karate class.  It starts at 10 AM.  I pride myself on trying to be on-time to events, if not a few minutes early.  BBB is a little wary of new situations, and had a pretty rough first class, but has been doing GREAT ever since.  I was quite full of myself because Daddy River Badger took BBB to his first class, and maybe didn't get him there early enough, contributing to the mini-meltdown.  I would never do this.  I am a Good Mommy.

Right.

9:25: Thinking we have plenty of time...getting Boy Badgers teeth brushed, fussing over sweatshirts...

9:30: Making sure Boy Badgers have both had a pee...

9:40: Fooling around some more...one sweatshirt didn't fit...one didn't have a turtle on it...

9:45: "Shit!" Stuffing Boy Badgers into van...

9:48: On the road...we'll make it!

9:51: "Double-shit!"  Forgot BBB's uniform shirt!

9:55: With chants of "Go, Mommy, go!" coming from the backseat, on the road again!

9:57: We're definitely not going to make it...

10:05: Quickly running Boy Badgers into class...some other people are late, too!  I'm not the only Bad Mommy!

10:05:30: BBB is in tears refusing to go out to the floor with his class.  I am definitely The Bad Mommy, arguing with him, bribing him, etc. etc.  Blah.

10:10: His instructor has managed to get him onto the floor, but he needs a tissue.  Guess who the Bad Mommy is who never has tissues (or cash...but that's another story).

10:11: Everything is fine!  BBB is out on the floor, participating and kicking, and doing great!  Apparently the only one permanently scarred from this is me, sitting on the floor, trading "knowing" smiles with the other Moms (I know I'm a Bad Mommy; they know I'm a Bad Mommy).  Fail.

10:35: After class, I get a lecture from the instructor.  He is very polite, and suggests that I try to bring BBB at least 10 minutes early, so he'll get used to the room, and not have to come in late in front of everyone else.  Super-fail.

10:40: BBB comes over and apologizes for crying earlier.  He is so sorry.  I feel terrible, and apologize right back to him.  Triple-dog Super-fail.

10:50: I buy the Badgers chocolate milk at McDonald's.  They are happy!  I chug my diet coke like the Bad Mommy I am.  Good Mommies only drink filtered green tea with acai.

Oof.  Next time, we're leaving at 9:15.


1 comment:

  1. Ah this made my day, I thought you were perfect! I am so glad you aren't!!!

    ReplyDelete